Terms & Conditions
1. Introduction: This document sets forth the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) governing your use of the Aware Auroville website located at [https://www.AwareAuroville.com] (“Website”) and the information and services made available on and through the Website. Please read this page carefully. The Terms and Conditions, when agreed to by you, will form a binding agreement between you and Aware Auroville.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use: Your use of the Web Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Web Site. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by updating this document and posting it on the Web Site. It is your obligation to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Web Site will constitute your agreement to the most current version of these Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease your use of this Web Site.
3. Termination of Access: The use of this Web Site and its services is a privilege. Aware Auroville reserves the right to suspend your use of this Web Site for any reason at any time, at its sole discretion. Questions concerning the use of the Web Site and its services should be directed to email@example.com.
4. Definitions: For the purposes of this Agreement, the following definitions apply:
• “Content” includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the Web Site.
• “Text” includes all text on every page of the Web Site, whether editorial, navigational, or instructional.
• “Graphics” includes all logos, buttons, and other graphical elements on the Web Site, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
• “Design” includes the colour combinations and the page layout of the Web Site.
• “User” refers to any individual who uses any aspect of the Web Site or its services.
• “You” refers to the person accessing the Web Site and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Intellectual Property Rights: All Content on the Web Site is the sole property of Aware Auroville or their respective owners, as indicated, and is protected by Indian Copyright Law and Indian Trademarks Law. Aware Auroville authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content on the Web Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purposes. The foregoing limitations include but are not limited to, copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on the Web Site, as well as any Graphics.
The “look” and “feel” of the Web Site (including colour combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by Indian Copyright Law and Indian Trademarks Law. All product names, names of services, trademarks and service marks (“Marks”) are the property of Aware Auroville or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
6. Acceptable Use of the Web Site: The Web Site and its services are intended to facilitate the offering for the sale of books and products of third parties. The Web Site may be used in a manner consistent with this purpose, and only within the context of the products, services and information set forth on the Web Site. The information displayed on the Web Site may not be used for any purpose except in connection with your direct use of the Web Site as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, and may not be excerpted, summarized, duplicated or otherwise removed from the Web Site. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Web Site for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. Your use of the Web Site is also subject to the following restrictions:
• You may not send unsolicited commercial emails to Users. In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited.
• You may not delete, edit or revise any material posted by any other person or entity. You may not copy, duplicate, download or otherwise use any material posted by any other person or entity except for the purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
• You may not interfere with the proper operation of the Web Site including, but not limited to, by attacking, hacking into, or otherwise attempting to penetrate any non-publicly accessible elements of the Website, through the use of bots, Trojan Horses, viruses, DNS attacks, or other technology which is designed or intended to interfere with the proper operation of the Web Site or the use of the website by any Users.
7. Limitations on Information Submitted: Any submission of information to Aware Auroville through the Web Site is subject to the following guidelines and restrictions:
• It may not contain URLs or links to any Internet Websites (To advertise your company or Website, contact our Sales department).
• It may not contain copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner’s permission to post the copyrighted material).
• It may not contain trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner’s permission to post them).
• It may not contain material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others, including but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret rights.
• It may not contain material that is sexually explicit, obscene, libellous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful.
• It may not contain information that is known by you to be untrue, false or misleading or which does not fairly or accurately depict or describe the subject matter, which is the subject of the information posted by you.
• It may not present information that impersonates another person, whether living or dead, misstate the identity of any person, or misstate or mislead as to gender or age.
• You may not solicit money, investments or make any offering of securities or investments.
• You may not submit chain letters or pyramid schemes.
• You may not submit opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
8. Monitoring of Information: Aware Auroville does not assume any obligation to review the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or content of any information submitted to the Web Site. User assumes the risk of verifying the accuracy of information posted through independent investigation. Notwithstanding, Aware Auroville may in its discretion review information submitted to the Web Site for any purpose whatsoever and it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any information submitted to the Web Site for any reason whatsoever.
9. Rights to Information: User hereby grants to Aware Auroville an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use and display all information submitted by you, subject to the Privacy Guidelines set forth herein.
10. Security Rules: To ensure the security of the Web Site and of Users, the following security rules govern your use:
• Protect your password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password, and you are responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. In the event you lose your password or become aware of misuse or unauthorized use of your password, it is your obligation to notify Aware Auroville. Aware Auroville shall have no responsibility for loss or misused passwords or for unauthorized access occasioned by the foregoing.
• Prohibited Uses: • Accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which, you are not authorized to access.
• Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
• Attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”.
• Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
• Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability in addition to the termination of your access rights. Aware Auroville will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
11. Termination of Access to Web Site: Users who violate these Terms and Conditions may be denied access to the Web Site at the sole discretion of Aware Auroville.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability: Your agreement to the following disclaimers and limitations are a material inducement to Aware Auroville to permit you to access the Web Site. Your use of the Web Site, and the obligations and liabilities of Aware Auroville in respect of your use of the Web Site, is expressly limited as follows:
• Conduct of Users. Aware Auroville assumes no responsibility for the activities or conduct of Users.
• Third Party Information. The Web Site displays the content, services, products or hyperlinks of other companies or persons. Notwithstanding the presentation of any third party information on the Web Site, no such presentation shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty, either express or implied, by Aware Auroville on behalf of or any third party. In addition, Aware Auroville does not endorse, warrant or otherwise guarantee the substance of any information posted by Users or third parties on the Web Site Aware Auroville shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the content, subject matter or substance of any information accessed or obtained from third-party Web sites accessed from the Web Site. Access to third party Web sites from the Web Site is done at your own risk. Aware Auroville does not warranty any products purchased through the Web Site or purchased in reliance on information obtained from the Web Site. Warranties on purchased products, if any, are provided by the product’s manufacturer.
• Accuracy of Information. Aware Auroville makes no representations or warranties regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any information submitted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in or information exchanged by Users. Information on the Website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You acknowledge that any reliance on information submitted by Users or on any other form of communication with Users will be at your own risk.
• DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. AWARE AUROVILLE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
• LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL AWARE AUROVILLE BE LIABLE OF ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT AWARE AUROVILLE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. AWARE AUROVILLE HAS MADE THIS SERVICE AVAILABLE TO USE AS A MATTER OF CONVENIENCE. AWARE AUROVILLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF UPLOADING OF ANY OBSCENE, VULGAR OR PORNOGRAPHIC IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPH OR A PICTURE OR ALTERING OR DISTORTING THE IMAGES AVAILABLE UNDER THIS SERVICE IN AN OBSCENE, VULGAR OR PORNOGRAPHIC MANNER. USER AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT USER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR USER’S CONDUCT AND THAT AWARE AUROVILLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY, NOTWITHSTANDING PENAL PROVISIONS UNDER THE INDIAN CYBER LAWS OR ANY OTHER ALLIED LAWS ENACTED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA OR ANY OTHER STATUTORY, LEGISLATIVE OR REGULATORY AUTHORITY AUTHORIZED IN THIS REGARD FROM TIME TO TIME.
• Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Aware Auroville from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to, attorneys fees and costs of suit, arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
13. General: These Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Delhi, India, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms and Conditions shall lie exclusively with the state courts in New Delhi, India. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of Aware Auroville to enforce any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver thereof and shall not prevent its later enforcement.